A third royal is taking a break from duties as King Charles, Kate Middleton recover from emergency surgeries [Source: @nypost]



Who will watch the throne?

Another member of the royal family is reportedly taking some time off from their public duties as Kate Middleton and King Charles continue to recover from their respective surgeries.

Prince Edward, 59, is taking “a short break from public duties after his trips overseas in January to South Africa and St. Helena,” the Telegraph reported on Tuesday.

The Duke of Edinburgh spent four days last week visiting South Africa, a Commonwealth country, and St. Helena, a British Overseas Territory.

It is common for the royals to take time off after busy trips, so it appears Edward is simply following procedure. He is slated to attend a reception at the Institute of Physics on Feb. 8, so it appears he’ll resume his royal duties next week.

The Post has contacted reps for Edward for comment.

This news comes after both Kate and Charles returned home Monday following their scheduled medical procedures.

Kate Middleton pictured on May 10, 2022. SWNS

Kate, 42, underwent a “planned abdominal surgery” on Jan. 17. She was discharged from the hospital after making “good progress” at the London Clinic and has since returned to Adelaide Cottage in Windsor with Prince William and their three kids.

William, 41, cleared his schedule free of official engagements to be in full-on dad mode while Kate was hospitalized.

“The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery. She is making good progress,” Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday. “The prince and princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at the London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided.”

King Charles III, Queen Camilla, Prince Edward, Duke of Edinburgh and Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh, pictured on June 17. James Whatling / MEGA
King Charles, accompanied by Queen Camilla, looks happy as he leaves the London Clinic on Monday. TheImageDirect.com

“The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world,” the statement concluded.

Royal sources say Kate’s return to official duties “will depend on medical advice closer to the time,” but it will at least be until after Easter.

Charles, 75, also left the London Clinic on Monday after being admitted for treatment of an enlarged prostate. He is said to be “doing well” after the procedure.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *