Holly Marie Combs claims Alyssa Milano had Shannen Doherty fired from ‘Charmed’: She told network ‘it’s me or her’



Holly Marie Combs claimed Alyssa Milano had Shannen Doherty booted from “Charmed.”

The “Pretty Little Liars” alum claimed on Monday’s episode of Doherty’s “Let’s Be Clear” podcast that she called a meeting with show producer Jonathan Levin in the early 2000s to get to the bottom of why her co-star was fired from The WB series.

“He said, ‘We didn’t mean to — but we’ve been backed into this corner — we’re basically in this position where it’s one or the other,’” Combs recalled.

“‘We were told [by Alyssa] it’s her or [Shannen] and Alyssa has threatened to sue us for a hostile workplace environment.’”

Combs seemingly hinted that Milano had allegedly built a case against her and Doherty — she allegedly “documented every time she felt uncomfortable on set.”

Holly Marie Combs opened up about the behind-the-scenes drama of “Charmed” during Shannen Doherty’s “Let’s Be Clear” podcast on Sunday. dpa/picture alliance via Getty Images

Combs — who starred on the show throughout all of its eight seasons from 1998 to 2006 — admitted she was caught off guard since she couldn’t remember any “harsh words” being exchanged or public “brawls” happening.

She further said the tension between the three occurred behind the scenes and was never anything noticed by the crew or special guest stars.

“There are actually people who behave badly and get away with it,” the actress continued. “I don’t think people understand that never happened here.”

The “Pretty Little Liars” alum admitted Alyssa Milano had Doherty fired from the show after threatening to sue TV producers for a “hostile environment.” Getty Images

At the time, Combs, 50, was ready to walk away from the show and even told Levin she wouldn’t be moving forward without Doherty, who at the time, publicly said she had quit the show.


For more Page Six you love …


“This is not a show I wanted to do without Shannen. She didn’t want to do it without me. Therefore, I don’t want to do it without her and that should be fairly clear,” she recalled saying.

According to Combs, Levin responded to her own ultimatum with what “felt like blackmail” as he threatened to sue her if she quit.

She recalled finding out about the news in an emotional meeting with show producer Jonathan Levin. ©Viacom/Courtesy Everett Collect

Doherty’s character, Prue Halliwell, was killed off in the Season 3 finale in 2001, and she was later replaced by Rose McGowan’s character, Paige.

The “Beverly Hills, 90210” alum recalled the pain and confusion she felt after getting fired.

“I lived a year after that sort of replaying everything in my brain and really trying to find those moments [of alleged bad behavior on set] — and i couldn’t find them,” Doherty, 52, said.

“I don’t ever remember being mean to her on set. I remember an episode I directed where she did something on the Christmas break and they asked me to work around some things with her and I had no problem with it. I couldn’t have been more kind and understanding,” Doherty continued.

“We’ve been backed into this corner — we’re basically in this position where it’s one of the other,” Combs recalled Levin telling her. Getty Images for Fanatics

The “Heathers” star — who was 30 when she left the show — said she wishes she had been “older and wiser” enough to handle the situation differently.

“I definitely would’ve sued and I would’ve been honest about the situation because the rumors followed me regardless,” she said.

While Doherty has moved on with her life, she still hasn’t forgiven and forgotten.

The actress furthered Milano built her case by documenting “every time she felt uncomfortable on set.” Getty Images

“As you get older, you accept that a situation happened. Acceptance and moving on with your life does not equate to forgiveness,” the podcaster continued. “You just learn a lesson and look at somebody differently and move on.”

Reps for Milano weren’t immediately available to Page Six for a comment.

Meanwhile, Doherty initially opened up about her strained relationship with Milano, 50, during part one of the podcast episode with Combs last week.

Combs allegedly even threatened to leave the show in retaliation but was allegedly told she would be sued. GJimenez

Doherty claimed she was prevented from visiting Combs in the hospital in the late 1990s by the “Who’s the Boss” star and her mom.

“Hospitals scared me to death. I waited 24 hours after your surgery to go, and then it wasn’t even easy for me to get in. I was, like, being told I couldn’t even get in,” Doherty recalled.

“Alyssa and her mom were blocking people from seeing you, and at the time you didn’t know. I remember you texted me, ‘Dude, are you going to come and see me?’”

Meanwhile, Doherty couldn’t recall treating Milano poorly while on set. Getty Images for Hallmark Channel

Milano has since admitted she regrets how she treated Doherty and lives with “guilt” from the past.

“You know, I could take responsibility for a lot of our tension that we had,” she told E!’s “Daily Pop” in 2017, adding she was in communication with her former co-star at the time.

“I think a lot of our struggle came from feeling that I was in competition rather than it being that sisterhood that the show was so much about. And I have some guilt about my part in that.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *